Monday, October 7, 2013

Healthy Fast Food ????

Recently, I had a comment on my last post about eating healthy while on the go.I thought this would be a great opportunity to point out some local, Las Vegas area, healthy "fast" foods or things you can take on the go. I say local Las Vegas because that is where I live but some of the places I mention may be in your area or you may have something similar.  Now, one of my all time favorite places to eat for healthy food on the go is Fix 8 Fitness Cafe. Their menu is simple with a choice of a meat and carbohydrate. Your carbohydrate being a choice of white or brown rice or you can substitute that for a sweet potato, which I highly recommend because of its nutritional value. The meats consist of steak, chicken, turkey, and fish all of which have excellent flavor. All of this without a bunch of fried foods that you would normal see at a fast food joint. Second, is Proteins and Greens on Eastern and 215 which has a great selection of smoothies, juices, and healthy food. If you like a good smoothie or freshly made juice that packs a healthy punch then check out those links because this is the place for you. Lastly, if you are on the go and do not have time to stop anywhere then packing a quick meal or snack is the best bet. Some quick options are fruit, which I recommend you eat as much as your heart desires, Winder Farms protein shake or something similar, and tuna packets. Please feel free to comment and add to this list it will be great to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment