Monday, October 28, 2013

Foods I found in Thailand in a Flickr Slideshow

In the following slideshow are some of the foods I encountered on my trip to Thailand. There was some great smoothies made with exotic fruits and Korean bar – b – que eaten fresh off the grill. The weirdest of which was the frog soup. There was plenty more that I didn't get pictures of like the famous durian fruit which smells so bad like an old dirty sock or the mangosteen that is so delicious. Some were healthy others were just plain weird and all were interesting. But hey! Don’t take my word for it. Check it out and you be the judge!  Tell me what you think.
Enjoy the Show



5 comments:

  1. Wow, you weren't kidding about "weird". However, I am always open to trying new things. Like the saying goes-don't judge a book by its cover. You never know what you might be missing out on. Very original-I really enjoyed this show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the first picture from top left is that a coconut, watermelon, pineapple? What is the fruit just below it with the black speckles?

    A friend taught English in Thailand for a little over a year and has been trying to talk me into an elongated vacation. I love eating new things, so perhaps I will take her up on the offer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thai food that I'm familiar with is the kind I've eaten in the states. Food and the way it's prepared, is such a cultural thing. The smoothies seem like they would be delicious. I love the Thai food I've had here - but I don't know if I could eat frog soup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I eat frog soup on occasion and it's actually quite good, once you get past the strange concept of "frog soup". I'm a big fan of any food with a sea based protein, and fresh fish is no exception. Would love to try the smoothie made with all that fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not very familiar with Thai cuisine but being able to see pictures of some of the foods you were able to eat really added to this post. Good job

    ReplyDelete